28 Sept 2009

THE WEDDING POST!!!!!



Prepare yourselves for a fantastic story.....


As most of you know, although I am not officially engaged yet, Danen and I are getting married... sometime! So, that being said... I overheard a woman in Bloomingdale's the other day describing this phenomenal wedding dress sample sale that was going on Saturday September 26th! I was fascinated by all of the designers she was talking about so I went home and looked up all the information and sure enough in the city there is a wonderful dress shop called Glamour Closet. This store is known for selling Designer Sample Gowns at discounted prices. However, because they are designer dresses they are still quite expensive until this one day in September. Once a year they have a blowout sale and slash every dress to be priced at $499, $999, or $1499 and if you know designers you know that is unbelievable savings! Naturally, I had to go partake of this display of beauty and madness. 

Thankfully Kiera was good enough to wake up at the crack of dawn with me, take our camping chairs and get in line on Columbus Street downtown San Francisco, to await the opening of the store. They opened at 9 AM and by the look of it there were easily 100 women in line by this point. We got let in with the first group of about 40 women, and we were given 50 minutes! It was madness! We were grabbing every dress we could find and running to an empty spot on the floor where we could drop our stuff and starting putting on these gowns. Naked women everywhere, half crying because of stress or happiness! Seriously, it was madness! But, I found it. The Dress! It was calling my name! And I bought it!!!!! I can't post pictures obviously.... Danen would totally cheat and look at them! hah, but just know that it is gorgeous! Watch this clip from a friends episode that describes quite perfectly how our experience was! (Just skip to minutes 3.00 through 5.00) You will love it! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ThnH_B1Y0&feature=PlayList&p=7248A7FA9336414C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=64



VICTORY!!!!!

4 comments:

Britten & Chelsea Maughan said...

YEAH! That is so exciting Mand congratulations! I'm so happy for you to find a screamin' deal on your dream dress! I'm also so happy the whole wedding deal is out in the open!

holly said...

WOW, we are talking about it. I am so proud, what progress! Can't wait to see you in it. Miss ya.

grams said said...

YEAH!

Ashley said...

Congratulations Mandy-both on the dress and the engagement. Can't wait to hear more details and hopefully see this lovely on you!