26 May 2008

Pisa!

So yesterday we took our first trip outside of Siena, and went to Pisa! Pisa is a smaller town, about the size of Siena i think and of course it is famous for the leaning Tower! It was so fun to go there, about nine girls from my group came and we had a blast! We had to take two trains to get there, so although it would normally take about 1.5 hours to get there, it ended up taking us three! All was fine though, and we arrived in Pisa just in time for lunch! we ate at a Pizzeria hidden in a cute alleyway and made a few random friends while there. Their names were Dario and Salvador, and although they may sound strange man were they authentic Italian boys! they both are in the Italian marine core and live in a small town called Livorno just north of Pisa. They decided to accompany us to the tower since they were conveniently heading there as well. I learned all of this through italian because neither one of them spoke any English, and I was the most advanced of the group who went so I became the translator! Hah! I am not sure which was more entertaining getting to see the leaning tower of Pisa or playing charades and guessing what two random italians were thinking all day! it was quite eventful! well that is all i have got for now, Ciao!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I hope you are not in Italy to meet authentic Italian boys...that phrase makes me nervous. Watch out.

holly said...

I couldn't have said it better myself Ashley. Mandy remember the plan to blend in. Miss you. Having just watched SYTYCD the native italian guys scare me.

Hilarie said...

Your place looks like a postcard! Love it!