20 May 2008

Well i have dropped down on the list of bloggers from entertaining muser to scarecly breathing, but i will try to improve those skills over the next six weeks! So i have finally made it to Siena, Italy where I am attending the Dante Alighieri school for Italian! Classes started yesterday and are very intense, no English is allowed to be spoken while in class so you can imagine that there is a certain level of stress that accompanies me for those five hours a day! But i am learning so much, already we have been in Siena for three days and I feel like I can always communicate what I need to say strictly in Italian! The city is beautiful, it is in Tuscany so there is green everywhere you turn, but it is incredibly old so the building are gorgeous to look at! I love the people here, they are so Italian... the classic laundry hanging out the windows, the old men smoking their cigarettes and drinking cappuccinos, and everyone eating gelato! Well thats all the time I have for now, Italy is incredible and I never want to come home (except to see all of you fine people whom I miss dearly!) Ciao, mandy

7 comments:

holly said...

Yeah Mandy, finally. We all miss you and thanks for finally checking in, you do remember that your mother worries and would like to know what country you are in?

Lauren Clyde said...

Hi Mandy! I am so envious right now! I bet you are having the time of your life!! You are living my dream... Live it up! I look forward to future posts and pictures :o)

Lauren Clyde said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grams said said...

Yeah Mandy, finally. I knew you were out there. You look great, and the pictures are wonderful. I hope it is all you want it to be. We miss you, have a great time.

Hilarie said...

Wow Mandy! What a great experience! Have fun and keep posting! :)

Unknown said...

I wish I would have done what you are doing! Sounds heavenly!

Ashley said...

Already Munich and Prague-probably my two favorites. Love it. Be careful with that gelato honey...I can still remember the horrified look on my mother's face when I stepped off the plane with at least ten extra pounds of gelato on my butt...